Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Blogger Challenge!

This is not a food post, but rest assured. I'll be posting quite a few of those over the next month... I've joined a Pinterest challenge, so I should be making one new recipe every day. I'm going to work really hard at making it happen. :)

Today I've been challenged by my friend Sarah over at Little Love to do the Blogger Challenge! So, here's how it works:

The Rules:
1. You must post the rules (and link up with who tagged you)
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged
4. Tag 11 people and link them on your post
5. Let them know you've tagged them!

11 Facts About Me
1. I'm a Libra and I fit each personality description to a tee. (I'm going to copy Sarah on this one, because it's true for me, too!)
2. My husband and I got married in my parent's backyard on our 3 year anniversary.
3. 3 happens to be my favorite number. I was born on the 3rd.
4. I'm a HUGE Beatles fan. I've seen Macca (Paul) in concert, my husband and I walked down the aisle "When I'm 64," my son is named after a Beatles song (and so will any other children,) and his first concert on his first birthday was Ringo Starr.
5. I hate doing dishes. I'd rather fold and iron laundry and scrub the toilets.
6. I love my mother in law. Most people can't (or won't) say that. I'm very lucky to have a mother in law and a mother that just get me.
7. My husband and I are planning a partially self sustainable "commune" with family members in the future.
8. I had a natural, unmedicated birth with my son... who was 8 days overdue.
9. I karaoke with my son every night before bed... and I started before he was born! I used to be a voice major, so...
10. I'm a conspiracy theorist. Partially because it's fun, partially because we've become a civilization that no longer cares about the well being of our fellow man... most people only care about their own lives and wallets.
11. I want to homeschool my child(ren) and let them gain social skills from teams sports and activities.

(I'm realizing that I sound like quite the "hippie" after that... lol.)

Questions asked by Sarah:

1. Where did you grow up? Describe your first home.
Bothell, WA. In fact, I was the first person of the third generation to graduate from Bothell High. When I was born, my parents owned a little mobile home right across the street from her parents. A few years later, they moved into a home about three miles away. Five years later, when I was 7, we moved to the home they still reside in today (about 4 miles away.) I don't think they'll ever leave, which is the way I want it. ;)
2. What is your family like?
My parents have been married for 34 years, together for 38. I'm the oldest child and the oldest grandchild on both sides. All four of my grandparents are still living and still married. I have a sister who is two years younger (she's married and she has a 5 year old daughter) and a brother who is four years younger (will be married this year.) We have definitely had our ups and downs, but I love them all dearly. I have a father in law, two sisters in law (19 and 16 years old,) a mother in law, stepfather in law and an 11 year old brother in law.
3. What is one thing you cannot live without?
If I'm being serious, I'd say my son. If I'm being not so serious, but SERIOUS, I'd say coffee.
4. What is your favorite movie/film?
Right now, I'd have to say "Bridesmaids." I'm a big comedy fan.
5. What is your biggest inspiration in life?
My mom. I've always aspired to be as amazing a mother as she is.
6. What has been your biggest challenge in life?
Being myself. In an extremely conservative family, I've often found it hard to stand up for myself. I've allowed others to cut me down rather than believing in myself and being who I am, no apologies. I really work hard now to instill the importance of self esteem in my sisters in law.
7. If you could change any aspect of your life, what would it be?
Where we live. I hate apartment living and can't wait until we can buy our own home! I have dreams of having my own yard again!
8. Give us your favorite recipe.
This banana bread is AMAZING and the only one I use. I do one loaf with walnuts and one without. On the walnut loaf, I sprinkle walnuts on top before baking and on the plain one I sprinkle sanding sugar for extra crunch. Those final steps really add something special! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/banana-bread-iv/detail.aspx
9. Who would win in a fight - Mighty Mouse or Underdog?
Underdog. I always root for the underdog. :)
10. What is one thing you need to do before you die?
Skydive. Funny, you will never catch me near a bunjee jump, but I'll jump out of a plane. I don't get it either.
11. What do you think happens when we die?
Honestly, I really do not know what I think happens. I've been pondering this question a lot over the last year. I'm in a bit of a religious transition... I was raised Catholic, but now I'm finding that I feel more spiritual than religious, so I'm finding that the answers I used to have regarding death, heaven and hell are changing. I WANT to believe in heaven, so it's not like I can abandon that idea completely. Part of me believes in reincarnation, but I've never had any firsthand experience with it, so it's hard to wrap my head around it. Part of me wonders if we just cease to exist. Part of me wonders about alternate universes. All I know is that when I die, I don't want to decompose in a tiny box six feet under (I'm claustrophobic.) I want to be set free somewhere, hopefully with my love. Likely the Columbia River, since it has so much meaning for us both. Then we can sail the world together, like we've always wanted to do. <3

Questions for my blogging friends! I don't have any I can tag yet, but if you're not a blogger, you're welcome to answer these questions in a comment! Have fun!

1. What is your dream vacation?
2. What is your favorite cheese and why? (If you don't like cheese, what is your favorite dessert and why?)
3. What was the favorite gift you've ever received? Given?
4. What would most people be surprised to learn about you?
5. What's the best concert you've ever attended? Why?
6. What are your feelings on Barney, the purple dinosaur?
7. What is your favorite childhood memory?
8. If you could be anything in the world, what would it be?
9. If you could meet anyone (dead or alive,) who would it be and why?
10. What is your favorite season and why?
11. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?

1 comment:

  1. That is the same banana bread recipe that I use!! Hahah. It is the best. I've tried a lot but this recipe is by far the best. How funny.

    ReplyDelete