Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy New Year!

I need to be better at posting. I've always had this problem when blogging, so I think (yet another) New Year's Resolution will be to try one new recipe AND post about it every week. Also on my ever growing list of resolutions are: to keep losing weight, quit smoking (for the fifteen millionth time,) spend more time being a kid with my son, learn to knit (done!) and get out of the house more.

This Christmas I tried my hand at a few new recipes, mostly sweets. Those of you who know me, know I have a serious sweet tooth, and the holiday season gives me a really good excuse to make tons of yummy treats! I made fudge (a semi sweet/white mix, a pumpkin fudge {a little too sweet for even my taste... I'll have to try it again someday,} and a semi sweet/ white MINT fudge... that one was my absolute favorite!) I made cake balls (with homemade buttercream... none of that premade, oily, plastic stuff.) I made cookies... and cookies... and cookies. I made pumpkin chocolate chip bread for all our neighbors. Whew!

This year, I want to focus on sustainability and seasonal availability... which means, I need to step out of my comfort zone (as does my husband) and use ingredients that are foreign to me. I may have heard of bok choy, parsnips, jicama and beets, but I've never cooked with them! It's time to expand our palates!

I wish all of my friends, family and the few readers out there a wonderful 2012... filled with all good things, and, of course, lots of goat cheese (and other goodies!)

2 comments:

  1. Jeez, it's about TIME you posted! Keep writing and I will keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I know, I've made all sorts of yummy food, too, but haven't pulled out my camera to capture it, so I just kept putting it off... Once a week, that's the new goal! Thanks Sarah!

      Delete